|ID||2016-7126||Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Location||CentraState Medical Center||Shift||Flexibility Required|
|Posted Date||5/2/2017||Work Schedule||..|
CentraState's mission is to enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. Our vision is to have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence. We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community. Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential. We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change. This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand that cooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a full-time Sr. Mechanic to work a flexible schedule both day and night shift would be required.
- Performs a variety of maintenance and engineering duties.
- Works independently within chosen trade to analyze and correct complex problems, determines manpower, material needs and deadlines for jobs or projects.
- Serves as lead to a group of Maintenance Mechanics on assigned projects, teaches trade skills to other Mechanics, and reviews the work of outside vendors to report on discrepancies.
- High school graduate or equivalency required.
- Minimum of seven years as a Maintenance Mechanic, or five years experience plus State of New Jersey license in chosen trade required.
- Previous experience in a health care institution preferred. Two years of trade school or apprenticeship in trade may be substituted for two years of the previous experience requirement.
- State of NJ High Pressure Black Seal license required.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally.
- Must have a demonstrated expertise in one trade, comprehensive understanding of plant operation, and skills in various trades including carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical repairs.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
Standing/walking; stooping/climbing; bending/kneeling; reaching at or below waist/above shoulder; lifting up to 40 pounds; lifting over 40 pounds.
Working on ladder for extended periods of time.
Working in adverse climactic conditions to include roof tops, mechanical rooms, and outside in inclement weather (rain, snow, heat, wind, etc.).
Servicing equipment may require awkward and uncomfortable positions due to configuration of the equipment and or it's location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job