|ID||2017-7543||Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Location||CentraState Medical Center||Shift||Night|
|Posted Date||6/19/2017||Work Schedule||7P-7:30A|
CentraState's mission is to enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. Our vision is to have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence. We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community. Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential. We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change. This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand thatcooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent and continuous.
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan nursing interventions and evaluation and patient progress in medical record according to
- hospital/nursing policy and the Nursing Standards of Care/Practice for the specific patient type.
- Appropriately analyzes patient information/assessment to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi disciplinary approach.
- Recognizes adverse reaction to medications and takes immediate and appropriate action.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Evaluates the patient's needs for discharge and accesses appropriate resources for the patient and/or family.
- Consistently provides written and verbal education to patients and/or families.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality improvement strategies.
- Delegates components of care to non-professional caregivers as appropriate.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice; utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the best patient outcomes.
- Functions as a Resource Nurse, making decisions in the absence of the Clinical Leader and/or the Nurse Manager.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
- Consistently promotes teamwork within the unit and between departments.
- Graduate of an approved program for Registered Nurses currently licensed to practice in NJ
- BSN required
- Previous experience preferred
- Satisfactory completion of the specialty specific pharmacology test is required
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support is required
- Specialty credentialing required to be achieved within the first year and maintained thereafter include: CSMC IV Certification, and CPR
- Specialty professional nursing certification preferred
Standing; Walking; Typing/Filing; Lifting/pushing or pulling up to and greater than 40 pounds; Kneeling/stooping; Reaching at waist, below waist, and above shoulder; Bending; Climbing; Sitting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job