|ID||2017-7555||Position Type||Regular Part-Time|
|Location||CentraState Medical Center||Shift||Day|
|Posted Date||6/19/2017||Work Schedule||..|
CentraState's mission is to enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. Our vision is to have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence. We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community. Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential. We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change. This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand thatcooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
- Assists in navigating patients and families through the cancer care services by participating in patient care rounds and appropriate committees and meetings.
- In collaboration with the Oncology Team, coordinates the care of cancer patients including assisting with the completion of an individualized needs assessment and care development plan for each patient to address physical, psychosocial, spiritual and social needs.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Serves as a facilitator for collaboration with multidisciplinary health team members.
- Focuses on patient satisfaction including timely testing and treatments; actively seeks ways to improve patient flow.
Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
Facilitates access of care to patients by educating and assisting patients in securing future needed appointments, recommending supportive programs available within the cancer program to enhance the patient’s wellness and ability to live life as best as possible, embraces and promotes survivorship
programs aimed at improving the daily life and coping skills of patients and caregivers.
Supports adherence to evidence-based guidelines/protocols that are utilized in planning patient care and monitoring achievement of patient outcomes.
Monitors patient progress to ensure patient outcomes are achieved and maintained based on established standards of care.
- Current NJ RN license.
- BLS required.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the best patient outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Sitting; typing/filing; reaching at or below waist/above shoulder; standing/walking; bending/climbing; stooping/kneeling; lifting up to 4 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job