|ID||2017-7427||Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Posted Date||7/25/2017 11:48 AM||Work Schedule||8:30-4:30|
Work for the Healthcare System that Brings Out the Best in You.
When you work with CentraState Healthcare System, you’re not just another employee, you’re part of a community of experts dedicated not only to helping our patients and their families, but also helping each other succeed.
Why Choose CentraState?
With ample opportunity, competitive benefits and a collaborative atmosphere, working at CentraState is not just another job, it’s a way to do what you love and to be your best you!
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
To enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare.
To have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence.
We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community.
Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential.
We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change.
This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand that cooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Coding Coordinator will ensure appropriate coding and DRG assignment for all hospital discharge records for the purpose of reimbursement, research and compliance with Federal and State regulations according to diagnoses, operations, and procedures using ICD-10-CM classification systems. Proficient in assigning ICD-10 codes to diagnosis and procedures in order to calculate the best possible final DRG. Assigns codes with greater than 95% accuracy rate & consistently achieves high productivity expectations. Facilitates and monitors process for coding exceptions on the unbilled report. Works collaboratively with Coding Manager, Manager, HIM Coding Systems and Clinical Documentation Integrity Manager to obtain optimal workflow for Coding and CDI. Candidate must have strong communication skills and work with minimal supervision and has the ability to take initiatives.
- Codes inpatient charts accurately according to coding principles and guidelines
- Searches through entire chart to determine principal diagnosis and to identify all complications and co-morbidities
- Consults with physicians when clarification is needed
- Abstracts statistical data
- Enters data
- Completes coding and charge entry for ED patients as applicable
- Completes outpatient coding as applicable
- Completes required worksheets for productivity and performance improvement processes.
- Provides leadership for all coding training program.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred
- Three (3) or more years of progressive coding experience in an acute care setting with experience in IP, OP diagnostic, recurring/series, clinic, emergency room, out-patient procedure and same day surgery.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook functions preferred.
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) required.
- Advanced knowledge of: medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease process, and surgical procedures.
- Knowledge of accepted medical abbreviations and their meanings.
- Must have extensive knowledge of coding clinic, CPT Assistant, and all official coding guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of hospital information systems, encoders and other technology to facilitate a successful virtual work environment while maintaining maximum communication and adhering to HIPPA security standards.
- Abides by the standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to all official coding guidelines.
- Maintains 95% accuracy rate for DRG assignment and 98% productivity rate
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team & management.
Apply for this job