|ID||2017-7483||Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Posted Date||10/30/2017 11:27 AM||Work Schedule||12P-8P|
Work for the Healthcare System that Brings Out the Best in You.
When you work with CentraState Healthcare System, you’re not just another employee, you’re part of a community of experts dedicated not only to helping our patients and their families, but also helping each other succeed.
Why Choose CentraState?
With ample opportunity, competitive benefits and a collaborative atmosphere, working at CentraState is not just another job, it’s a way to do what you love and to be your best you!
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
To enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare.
To have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence.
We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community.
Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential.
We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change.
This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand that cooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This porter/utility position plays a critical role in the sanitation of the kitchen. Responsibilities include operating the dishmachine, sweeping, mopping, garbage removal, washing pots and pans, and cleaning and sanitizing kitchen equipment. The porter also assists in meal tray delivery when needed and delivers supplies to nursing units.
Physical job demands include lifing up to 50 pounds and reaching into deep commercial pot and pan sinks. The porter works in a wet and hot environment in the dishroom and must be able to stand for majority of shift. Also has exposure to foods in main kitchen.
- Washes all pots and pans and utensils.
- Takes out garbage and recycling, breaks down and removes boxes.
- Maintains proper temperature and chemicals in a three compartment sink and records on log reports.
- Sweeps and mops the pot and pan area and dishroom area.
- Loads and unloads dishmachine.
- Cleans the dishmachine, conveyor belt, shelves, and delimes machine.
- Sanitizes carts.
- Cleans and sanitizes choppers, slicers, tilt kettle, and microwave.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors and walk-in refrigerator and freezers.
- Cleans walk-in refrigerators.
- Fills paper towel and soap dispensers.
- Delivers supplies to the operating room, emergency department, short stay, and infusion.
- Delivers the Inpatient Psych unit's food truck.
- Delivers soup to all three cafes.
- Assists in patient food tray delivery when needed.
Meal service preparation and delivery:
- Supports CentraState's "5 Star Dining" program by ensuring the patients experience the best dining service during their stay.
- Sets up assigned area and maintains adequate supplies during shift.
- Prepares food and beverage items as assigned.
- Presents trays in an attractive manner.
- Delivers meals to patients in a pleasant manner.
- Checks patient identification during meal delivery.
- Keeps work area clean and sanitary.
- High school diploma or equivalency is required or must be 18 years old
- Team player
- Flexibility is a plus
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in English
Apply for this job