|ID||2017-7482||Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Location||CentraState Medical Center||Shift||Day|
|Posted Date||6/9/2017||Work Schedule||9A-5P|
CentraState's mission is to enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. Our vision is to have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence. We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community. Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential. We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change. This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand thatcooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
Under the supervision of the Director Medical Affairs, coordinates credentialing of new applicants for Medical Staff membership,
including the collection, review, organization and presentation of this data to the Medical Staff Credentials Committee,
Department Chairpersons, Medical Director and the Medical Executive Committee.
- Receives and screens all requests for Medical Staff membership/applications.
- Initiates credentialing process, including the dissemination of reference requests and state and federal verification correspondence.
- Schedules and coordinates all appropriate interviews and meetings during the credentialing process.
- Maintains continuous contact via phone and/or in person with candidates for appointment and all agencies and institutions who have been requested to supply credentialing information.
- Reviews and organizes all data received and prepares files for presentation to Credentials and Department Chairpersons, the Medical Director and the Medical Executive Committee.
- Conducts orientation for new physicians.
- Enters new and/or changed physician data into four systems and appropriately notifies other departments of these changes as needed.
- Drafts correspondence and requests for information, following department policy for release of information.
- Coordinates the work of the volunteers in distributing mail, and the maintenance of accurate and up to date files.
- Prepares agendas, attends and takes minutes for Medical Executive Committee meetings, semi annual Medical Staff meetings and Credentials Committee meetings.
- Coordinates special projects as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience with Medical Staff credentialing in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Computer proficiency and strong communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of state, federal and Joint Commission Credentialing standards required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Sitting; typing/filing; reaching at or below waist/above shoulder; bending/climbing; stooping/kneeling; lifting up to 40 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job