|ID||2016-7031||Position Type||Per Diem|
|Location||CentraState Medical Center||Shift||Flexibility Required|
|Posted Date||3/24/2017||Work Schedule||7:30A-8P|
CentraState's mission is to enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. Our vision is to have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence. We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community. Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential. We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change. This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand that cooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
Assists in the production of attractive, palatable and therapeutically correct foods in compliance with sanitation regulation for patients and employees.
- Ensures standardized recipes are used in preparation of all menu items.
- Inspects and tastes food for quality, presentation, and adherence to menu.
- Works closely with the chef/senior cook in preparation and blast chilling of foods.
- Prepares foods for special functions.
- Assists with inventory and projected orders, prepares and places food and supply orders as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalency desired.
- Two years culinary school or training preferred.
- Two years experience in quantity cooking in a hotel, restaurant or hospital preferred.
- Therapeutic cooking experience desirable.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
- Serv-Safe certification preferred.
Standing; walking; Lifting/pushing or pulling up to 40 pounds; Reaching at waist, above shoulder, below shoulder; Bending; Climbing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job