|ID||2017-7554||Position Type||Regular Part-Time|
|Location||CentraState Medical Center||Shift||Day|
|Posted Date||5/25/2017||Work Schedule||7A-3P|
CentraState's mission is to enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. Our vision is to have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community's healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence. We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community. Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential. We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change. This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand thatcooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
Admitting Access Services Associate:
- Registers and admits each account in hospital registration system following all departmental procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Obtains and determines the coordination of benefits and accurately inputs into computer software system following industry standards and departmental procedure.
- Clearly documents in computer system all communication with patients and/or family members. Documents any exceptions to standard procedure.
- Follows federal and state standards and complies with all regulatory guidelines.
- Completes quality checks and reviews each registration for correct information. Seeks assistance and plans corrective action.
- Handles departmental paperwork flow in a manner consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
- Operates the bed control desk in an efficient and effective manner understanding and administering policies and processes.
- Places patient in appropriate bed ensuring that resources are maximized and cohorting is appropropriate.
- Fosters good communication between the ED, clinical nurse units, Infection Control, Nurse Managers and physician offices to insure proper and timely placement of the patient.
- Clearly documents all necessary information on daily bed log.
- Accurately completes pre-registration of accounts while maintaining flow of accurate paperwork. Always strives towards department goal of preregistrations 3 weeks in advance.
- Works closely with Nursing Supervisors to ensure that patients are placed properly on the weekend shifts when limited resources are available.
- Handles all phases of the Admitting Department including pre-registration, bed control and patient intake.
- Contacts insurance companies after hours and on weekends via phone or web site to ensure proper precertification.
- Understands patient throughput and functions as a strong advocate to facilitate patient movement.
- Monitors hospital throughput by closely monitoring discharges and admissions in multiple software systems.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required
- Excellent computer skills
- Outstanding customer service a must
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Previous hospital experience in registration or billing preferred
Typing; Filing; Standing; Walking; Lifting/pushing or pulling up to 10 pounds; Reaching above shoulder.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job